Tisha B'Av, the Jewish Temple, and the End Times
Tisha B'Av is the ninth of the Jewish month Av a day of fasting that commemorates the tragedies that Jews have faced. More specifically, it commemorates the destruction of both the first and second Jewish temples which, coincidentally, both happened on Tisha B’Av 655 years apart.
The season of Tish B’Av is important. It’s a time of fluffing up desire for the Third Temple. Jews believe their redemption is connected to the Third Temple—it means Messiah is near. Each year the longing for it grows deeper and more powerful. One day it’s going to happen.
Each year more is readied for the Third Temple:
- The Temple menorah is ready
- The priestly garments are ready
- School for Third Temple Priests Started
- Blueprints for the Third Temple are Ready to Go
- Third Temple Plans for Rebuilding in Jerusalem
- The Showbread is ready
- The priestly descendants of Aaron are identified through DNA
There’s a growing swell for the Third Temple:
- Modern day zealots envision new Jewish Temple in Jerusalem
- Israeli group calls for rebuilding of the holy temple
- Group Calls for Building of Third Temple
- Group cites end time events in calls for third temple construction
- Group Calls for the Rebuilding of the Temple Now to Bring Messiah
- Half the Public Wants to See Holy Temple Rebuilt
- Hebron cleric accuses Israel of plotting to rebuild temple
- Jordanian minister accuses Israel of planning to erect the third Temple
So with all that going on, what is holding it back? Just build it, right? Not that easy. There’s a rock in the way, there’s a religion protecting the rock with a dome, and there’s a bunch of countries around Israel that are itching to jump into a third world war should Israel remove that dome.
The following from Ben Sales article summarizes the current situation:
Although the area is under Israeli sovereignty, the mount — known to Muslims as Haram al-Sharif — is controlled by the Islamic Wakf, a joint Palestinian-Jordanian religious body. As the site of the Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock, whose golden dome overlooks the city, the Temple Mount attracts daily crowds of Muslim worshipers.
Under Wakf regulations, Jews may only access the mount for 4 1/2 hours per day and are forbidden from praying there.
So although the Temple Mount belongs to Israel, they don’t have control over it, and the world powers that supervise, hold it that way.
- Jews Barred from Temple Mount
- 'Intolerable that Jews cannot pray on Temple Mount'
- Men sentenced for Passover attempt to bring goat to Temple Mount
- Orthodox Jews try to conduct lamb sacrifices in Temple Mount
- Jew arrested for praying on Temple Mount
- Police restrict access to Temple Mount
- Muslim Women Block Jews from Temple Mount, Police Intervene
- Temple Mount Closed Off to Jews
- Jews arrested for praying on Temple Mount...again
- Jew, 76, Arrested for Blessing G-d on Temple Mount
- Women Who Sang on Temple Mount Barred by Police
Here’s the deal, there is a time when the Third Temple will be built. The Prophet Daniel prophesied that it will be there in the last days (Daniel 9:27) and the Antichrist will enter it during that time. Jesus confirmed it (Mark 13:14) and Paul declares it (2 Thessalonians 2:4). We know it’s going to happen, but there’s a lot that has to be dealt with in order to get there.
It seems that the tension with the Temple Mount is cyclic. Over the years, the tension has spun in circles rising to a cacophonous conflict that frenzies leaders into preparing for outright war—then suddenly it deescalates. The whole drama cycles down. It’s spun like this for many years. The actions are the same, and the reactions are the same. But one day something different will happen and everyone will know it and feel it. God will flip a switch and the cycle will break into the end time prophetic event destined from the foundation of the earth—the rock, Eden, from the stumbling stone of the nations.
How soon do you think it will be?
- Back to Eden through Jerusalem
- The Myth of a Palestinian State: A Political Volcano
- The Temple Mount: The Place Where Prophecy and Politics Agree
- It All Meets At the Drain
- Coming to a Map Near You: A Shiny New Palestinian State
- The Most Valuable Piece of Real Estate
We reserve the right to delete comments that are snippy, offensive, or off-topic. For more, read Prophecy Dude’s Comments Policy