The Second Angel and Twice Bloodied Water
Revelation’s second angel of the judgments has the assignment of turning water into blood—twice.
Then the second angel sounded: And something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood. Revelation 8:8
Then the second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it became blood as of a dead man; and every living creature in the sea died. Revelation 16:3
As the universe expands from creation, blood carries life.
For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.’ Leviticus 17:11
But in the final judgment as the scroll of the heavens is rolled back (Revelation 6:14, Psalm 102:25-26, Isaiah 34:4, Hebrews 1:10-12), life is reversed out of the blood leaving death. As the second day of creation defined the waters with the firmament, the second angel defines the firmament with blood water.
During this tribulation period, the two witnesses are given the unique assignment to judge within the parameters once assigned Moses and other Old Testament prophets.
These have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of their prophecy; and they have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth with all plagues, as often as they desire. Revelation 11:6
The judgments on the Egyptians were signs to impress the Egyptians to release God’s possession. The judgments of Revelation are designed to release the world out of Israel so they can turn their hearts back to God. It’s a purging of what possess their heart.
Water turning to blood is a sign. It’s a judgment. There have been some recent mysteries reminding us of this future judgment.
- Mysterious Phenomenon As Wichita Pond Water Turns Blood Red
- Heavy salt deposits turns lake blood red in Southern France
- Villagers' shock as Slovakian waterway turns to blood
- Is the Gulf of Mexico becoming the blood of a dead man as predicted in Revelation?
- World waterways turning blood Red
These all remind us of what is ahead. The second angel has a clear assignment—a duty for the end times.
The church’s assignment in these end times is clear and shouldn’t be neglected:
And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” Mark 16:15-18
Image Credit: http://mrg.bz/8D6Xgt
- The earth heaves at His presence
- The Temple Mount: The Place Where Prophecy and Politics Agree
- Earth is talking loudly and saying the end is coming!
- The End from the Beginning: Revelation in Genesis
- The Earth Trembles
- A Glorious High Throne on Earth
- Back to Eden through Jerusalem
- Tisha B'Av, the Jewish Temple, and the End Times
- Why Do the Nations Rage?
- The Clock Ticks toward the Last Big Sign of the End
We reserve the right to delete comments that are snippy, offensive, or off-topic. For more, read Prophecy Dude’s Comments Policy