65 Million Americans Estimated to Have Sexual Transmitted Diseases
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 19.7 million Americans get a sexually transmitted infections (STI) each year. This infographic by PersonaLabs lists some alarming health statistics:
- "1 in 4 Americans will get an STD in their lifetime"
- "12,000 American teens catch an STD or STI each day"
- "24 million women become infertile each year due to undiagnosed STDs"
There are two issues I would like to address: health and behavior.
1) Many people have sexually transmitted infections without knowing it. If you have engaged in any risky sexual behavior, please get checked. PersonaLabs or a local doctor can advise you on how to get tested.
2) These statistics show that the sexual revolution is leaving behind a large path of destruction. When Jesus was confronted by the Pharisees over the sin of a woman that committed adultery, Jesus did not judge her. Most people remember the words "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her" but few remember Jesus also told the woman, "Neither do I condemn you: go, and sin no more."
Those words "sin no more" should challenge us to live lives of sexual purity. CP