A Father’s Day Gift for the End Times
Last Saturday night we were having our regular prophetic prayer and worship time and towards the end one of our leaders joined with me and another leader asking for prayer. Gary Wayne Dude (obviously not his real name) has a son who recently joined the Marines. In fact, he followed his dad Gary Wayne into that institution. Gary Wayne spent 10-years serving the United States.
Gary Wayne wanted prayer for his son. They deployed him to Afghanistan and located him, a machine gunner, in a dangerous location. We went to prayer. Not only did we pray for Gary Wayne JR, but we got a little crazy—we prayed for the end of the Afghani war and we spoke peace into the whole situation.
Yesterday Gary Wayne Dude called me and told me that he just got word that they closed the camp where they had his son and moved him back to the base permanently. Gary Wayne was relieved, but he was as touched by God’s answered prayer as I was. Gary Wayne said, “This is totally out of left field—they don’t just do this.” I told him this is his father’s day gift. God is good.
This morning I checked my news tweets and there in the basket are several breaking news items stating that the USA is in negotiation with the Afghani Taliban about ending the 10-year war in Afghanistan! I texted Gary Wayne the amazing news.
Who are we, three nobody bozos whose only claim is a passionate love for Jesus—who are we to pray and affect world events?
- Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
- Matthew 18:19 Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.
- Matthew 21:22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive
- John 14:13-14 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
- 1 John 5:14-15 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.
We believe that as we enter into these days before the last days, we will see the church rise in power and authority only for God’s glory—that He will be glorified and that prophesied events will come to pass bringing a completion to all things. As we purpose to draw closer to Him and go deeper seeking His face, we will pray His perfect will and witness the fulfillment of prayers as the church has been promised.
I have no idea if this negotiation with the Afghani Taliban will result in the end of the war, but our prayers joining with the heart of a father made a difference. Just think what we can do when we join our prayers with the will of our Heavenly Father. To know His will, we have to know Him intimately. That’s the heart of our Father—a desire for an intimate relationship with Him. We’ll need that to successfully survive these last days.
- Prophecy Dude
- PD's Blog
- The Rapture
- New World Order
- News / Tweets
- Roman Road
- PD's Prayers
- About Us
- Weird Stuff